Welcome to our Blog!!

The title of our blog is a bit different, but for this oft-moved family we feel like our less travelled roads have in fact made all the difference. Enjoy. The picture up top was taken by us on one of our trips to Central Park.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My sister-in-law's i.d. theft

How small is this world? Last Sunday I was visiting my brother-in-law Freddy’s ward while travelling through Houston. I initiated a conversation with a bro. Dayhuff in his ward because I knew he was the Houston Temple recorder. I wanted to tell him of a story my mom had told me about the power of a temple recorder (versus the lack of power of a temple presidency). In the course of conversation he let me know all the family ties he had with me…like the fact he worked with my sister Jill and Kyle in the temple, served with my brother Bret in Paraguay, and knew my nephew Ben while serving in Houston. The best connect for me though was the one of my sister-in-law Wendy.

When bro. Dayhuff was going to BYU he worked at the church office building as a janitor. As janitors are prone to do (so I’m told) they started comparing and rating the beauty of the girls that would proudly adorn the various offices occupied by those working in the building. Each night there would be a conversation among the cleaning crew as to whether their floor (e.g., 1st floor, 4th floor, etc.) had the girl to rate in the competition. A year later he made a great mental connect while serving on his mission in Paraguay. He told of a time on his mission when missionaries were chatting about their “women” back home (as they are prone to do - so they say), when bro. Dayhuff noticed that Elder Bassett’s girlfriend looked very familiar. Then it hit him…this was Ned Winder’s daughter who was on his top 2 list of prettiest girls on all floors. Bret had her! WOW. He thought more of my bro from that day henceforth.....I had to share...l

No comments: