Welcome to our Blog!!

The title of our blog is a bit different, but for this oft-moved family we feel like our less travelled roads have in fact made all the difference. Enjoy. The picture up top was taken by us on one of our trips to Central Park.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Those little Rascals

One of the unique experiences you get when you work in NYC and walk through tourist traps is that you get to see different things almost every day. Aside from the people or advertisements you train your eyes to “not see” there are often a number of celebs that cross your path along the way. Most of whom I could care less to see; however, I do marvel at the throngs of people trying to get a glimpse of these celebs. Most of them it seems are tourists from Oklahoma or Texas. I’ve concluded that Oklahomans and Texans love to be near a camera. Hm.

Anyway, so last month I had a series of citings so to speak. First I nearly bumped into Cristiana Aguilera who was getting out of her limo. The funny side to this story was that I happened to be in the right place at the right time and I nearly bumped into her. There were hundreds of people waiting to see her, and so for a moment I was a celeb by association as she got out of her car. I just waved to my screaming fan base. I got between her and her body guards which was funny. Anyway, then the next week I passed John McCain after just giving one of his ‘I am the next president’ speeches, which was followed-up by Obama the next day. The following week I walked right by Kenny Chesney who was about to sing in the Rock Center plaza. Mind you, I didn’t go there to see these people, they came to me…so to speak.

So that brings me to this morning. For once, someone I really wanted to see was actually scheduled to be there on the Today Show …unfortunately when I passed by they were not really there. Hundreds of people surrounded Rockefeller Center Plaza, waiting for the arrival of none other than Rascal Flatts (Heh, Rascal Flatts are cool). Question: How does one know if Rascal Flatts is about to show up at an event like this? Easy….just ask an Oklahoman or Texan in the crowd…or every other person. You could also look for their names on the signs they had carefully prepared for such and event. As a side, the people holding these signs usually have big hair and sometimes tears of elation -- dead giveaway. But that’s beside the point.

So, I wait there for about as long as I can stand (5 minutes) and I was outta there. Course I walked out the VIP exit because I had a business bag and clothes and I acted like I knew what I was doing -- works every time. So if any of you non-Oklahomans or non-Texans happened to see the Today Show today with Rascal Flatts, you sadly didn’t see me. Let me know how it went and if you could see over the big hair fan base.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I yousta could be one o them ole flatts boys cuza where I live.

It definately sounds like NYC is the happenin place to be. We'd like to come visit if we can find a way out of Texas.

Stephanie said...

Come on up. I used to say that driving was the cheapest route...but maybe not anymore.